Friday, September 29, 2006

ESPN drops writer because of anti-ESPN commentary

The interview that got him fired

Freedom to speak has price

"I wasn’t surprised. ESPN, a terrific network, has always been hypersensitive to criticism, especially when it comes from its independent-contract employees. Over the six years I’ve worked for ESPN, I’ve received complaining phone calls from its executives almost every time I’ve written a critical word about the network."


Whitlock leaves ESPN, but not quietly
"Outspoken Kansas City Star columnist Jason Whitlock was, in his own words, "dumped" by ESPN for ripping colleagues Mike Lupica and Scoop Jackson in an interview with the sports blog The Big Lead."



I think this guy is too similar to Mike Freeman who played the race card with Chris Leak..so I don't have much respect for him. Except for the fact that he stood up to ESPN's crappifying of the sports world as we know it. He stood up to the complete commercialization of DISESPNABC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home