Wednesday, September 27, 2006

ABC/ESPN makes it official

This week the College Gameday crew heads out to corn-filled Iowa, mecca of all things football, pigskin and produce. And not surprisingly the SEC gets shunned again for the ABC night game.


I'm not saying the SEC has any truly nail-biting games this week. FL v. Bama should be a good match up. Auburn v. SC would have been a decent matchup if it was a Saturday game. But I truly believe they're comparable to OSU v. Iowa.

Instead a great decision by ESPN, the 24-hour commercial channel for itself, leads us to Ohio State v. Iowa. Ohio State has been on gameday 3 times now. VS penn state, VS Tejas and now Iowa. An Ohio State team that NO ONE cares about outside Ohio, possibly the Big Ten.



So I've decided I'm not watching gameday. It's an eternal love fest for Notre Dame and Ohio State. The clips for other teams get smaller while teams like ND get more press.. why? The SEC has been snubbed too much. No respect.

Disney has ABC and ESPN clenched together like butt cheeks. I need to find new sports channels to watch.. See this post

3 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, September 27, 2006, Blogger Jim said...

That's it, Sam. Take on ESPN - who do they think they are ?

 
At 8:40 PM, September 28, 2006, Blogger Floridan said...

ABC & ESPN would probably have had a hard time broadcasting the Auburn-SC game this Saturday since they played tonight.

Very interesting game -- is a 7 point win enough to keep AU number 2?

 
At 9:28 AM, September 29, 2006, Blogger Sam Hudson said...

Yea, you caught me. Yesterday as I was going to work I realized I was going to miss the auburn v usc east game. Just didn't have time to change it. But I will now...

Seven point win will likely keep auburn top 5. But I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped one or two spots after this weekend if other undefeated teams have strong showings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home