Sunday, October 15, 2006

I'm speechless

Let's get this out of the way first..

First half we played like Florida

Second half was not at all Florida-like

And yet I honestly felt like the better team lost.

Yes the crowd was hostile... The refs were worse.

The play...as I will call it, will go down as one of the worst fuck-ups in NCAA football.

It should have been an incomplete pass..Tate Casey was right there. At worse, intentional grounding, although it wasn't called on Auburn all night. But there is no way in hell that was a fumble. We likely get a field goal, take the lead and hopefully change the momentum of the game. The game was too close for a ref to screw us. It was so close on both sides of the ball.

Two plays that killed us-


The botched punt by Eric Wilbur. He is usually money. How could he screw it at the worst possible time?



Chris Leak's incomplete pass, somehow called a fumble. Given Leak had a crappy night, under-throwing his passes, that last incomplete pass was not a fumble.


ESPN has a decent article on it.

Some not so classy moves by Auburn I noticed. I guess since they couldn't score a touchdown on offense, they had to be classless on defense.

1. The guy who flipped into the endzone on the blocked punt? I wished bad he pulled an Adrian Peterson.

2. Running back on the last play? Score is meaningless. Go down, the game is over. Maybe the dude was a stat whore? Anyway, I wish that call would have been reviewed anyway. I'm not so sure that was even a fumble, but down by contact.

I hope Arkansas starts losing, we keep winning. (I want to pummel Georgia and South Carolina!) And I hope Auburn keeps winning so we have a rematch. Revenge is sweet, Auburn won't have their crowd, and I hope it gets ugly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home